Advanced Acupuncture & Dry Needling Course in Whistler, BC
February 25-28, 2018
This destination course series is for the Physiotherapist who has taken at least two weekend courses of acupuncture previously and wishes to build on their existing base of knowledge by learning new acupuncture techniques and dry needling.
The series is designed so that you can enjoy both learning for part of the day and participating in a few of the many activities that Whistler village has to offer for the remainder of the day.
Combine a Vacation with Learning, Reasonable Course Cost, High level Supervision and Feedback Provided, Be more confident needling in the neck, Back and Lung Regions, Ongoing Mentorship, Apply Knowledge on your First day back to Work.
Acupuncture & Motor Point Dry Needling for Select Upper & Lower Extremity Sport Injuries
– Sunday February 25, 2018 from 10am to 5pm (12:30pm lunch included):
– includes Spot Therapy, Therapeutic Cupping and other techniques, Dry Needling of many muscles including Deltoid, Infraspinatus, Supraspinatus, Teres minor, Teres major, Extensor Carpi Radialis Longus/Brevis, Quads, Hamstrings, Gastroc, Soleus.
Acupuncture & Dry Needling for the Cervicothoracic & Lumbopelvic Region
– Monday Feb 26, 2018 from 3pm – 7pm (2:30pm lunch included)
– includes Master Tung Points, Electric Stimulation, Guasha and other techniques
– Tuesday February 27, 2018 from 3pm to 7pm (2:30pm lunch included):
– The Balance Technique is a system of acupuncture developed by Dr. Richard Tan, which heals the body by balancing meridians through the use of imaging. It is quick, very effective and practical. If you have taken our five courses, then you will have a good background to confidently learn this technique and use it on your patients successfully. If you have taken AP courses elsewhere, you will have some points to use immediately in practice and get a taste for learning more about this different approach to AP.
Acupuncture for Concussions (Headaches & Balance Issues)
– Wednesday February 28, 2018 from 3pm to 7pm (2:30pm lunch included):
– In this course, we will present effective point combinations to treat a variety of types of headaches and other symptoms associated with concussions. You will be able to apply these techniques your first day back at work.
Accomodations – Aava Whistler Hotel (2 queen beds), located in the village, walk to the ski lifts, free snow shoe rentals, free fat bike rentals (first come first serve), outdoor pool and outdoor hot tub, optional buffet breakfast (extra charge).
A four night stay is $1120 plus tax ($280 per night) with the group rate Feb 25 to March 1,2018. Based on double occupancy. Children 18 and under stay free.
Book before December 21st, 2017 for this rate by calling 604-932-2522 or 1 800 663 6544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Acupuncture Course”.
Note: 20 rooms will be held until Dec 21 and are first come first serve….
Free cancellation of rooms up to 31 days prior to arrival. You are welcome to look elsewhere in Whistler for alternate accommodation. The course will be held in this hotel, so if you wish to maximize ski/fun time and networking time we recommend that you book close to this hotel in the village.
Course Cost: $1095
Early Bird Price: $995 if booked before September 1, 2017
Call Meridian Health Education at 905-450-7870 to register.
Instructor: Tom Kiroplis, MEd, R. TCMP, R. Ac
Bio: Tom Kiroplis has taught for several years for the Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Meridian Health Education and Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI). In addition, Tom is a successful co-owner of three busy physiotherapy and acupuncture clinics.
Tom’s Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture training was at the ITCM itself starting in 1996 under the tutelage of David Lam, Canada’s pioneer Acupuncture educator. He also completed an acupuncture hospital internship in Nanjing, China in 1997.
Additionally, Tom has the assistance of experienced Physiotherapists who have practiced acupuncture for several years and have been additionally taught by Tom himself. This ensures that all students are supervised closely to maximize learning. Tom teaches regularly in the GTA and also regularly teaches in Ottawa, London, and the Maritimes. He offers continuing mentorship to all his students and his goal is to witness ongoing improvement and a shared passion for acupuncture and dry needling amongst his students.
* This course series will be provided for a minimum of 20 paying participants and a maximum of 40 participants. If the minimum has not been reached by November 21, 2017, the course will be cancelled.